As a flight attendant it really makes our day when we get little gifts from our passengers. I’m not saying that giving a gift will get you an upgrade or a free drink but you never know. 😉
- Hand Sanitizer – We work on these planes day in and day out. Sometimes our passengers aren’t 100% healthy. Getting a travel size hand sanitizer not only helps to keep us healthy but our passengers healthy.
- Sealed Snack – As much as we would love to take a handful of M&Ms from your giant family size bag, it is not the most sanitary thing (no offense). A snack that has been sealed will ensure us it has not been tampered with and we can read the ingredients on the packaging should we have any food allergies.
- Gift Card – The airline industry runs off of jet fuel and coffee and Starbucks gift cards are key. Really any gift card will do but something as small as a $5 gift card will really make a flight crew’s day (especially around holidays).
- Lip Balm – Traveling all the time and going up and down in altitude all day can work a number on our lips. A new chapstick or bert’s bees is always nice.
- Card – Hand written notes seem to be a rare thing now days with technology being our primary form of communication. Whether it’s a note written on a napkin or a Hallmark card, it is a pleasant surprise and can make a flight attendant’s day to get a nice little thank you.
We don’t always get gifts while we work but it always nice. When I travel as a passenger I like to give the working crew something small. Just something to think about. 😉