If you’re like me and the majority of people in our society, I never leave home without my smart phone. These are my top 5 favorite apps that I always use for my travels.
- What’s App – I LOVE this app! It allows me to keep in touch with my friends and family while I travel. It doesn’t matter if I am going domestic or internationally because the app can work on WiFi so I can always text and make calls.
- Flight Aware – This app is great when you are traveling because it keeps you up to date on the airports you are traveling through. It can tell you how long delays are averaging at certain airports and let you know your flight information such as departure and arrival gates.
- Yelp – I use this app all the time and I am a proud Elite member for the 2nd year in a row. I like to check out new places and write reviews to help others make decisions through the app. You can use this app for discovering a new restaurant to finding tips about the hotel you’ll be staying at for your vacation.
- Citymapper – This app is super helpful. It has helped me to navigate my way around large cities. If you can get the map and directions downloaded with WiFi you can still navigate through GPS.
- Mobile Passport – I love this app because it is really easy to use and saves me a lot of time when going through customs. Sometimes the Mobile Passport line is empty and will be faster than the Global Entry line. Did I also mention that the app is FREE!
I highly recommend downloading these apps to your smartphone. They really come in handy when you travel.